Monday 15 April 2013

Wrestlemania 29 (2013) - ★★★★

Every year the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) puts on a spectacular show with the years best 'superstars/wrestlers' fighting it out for championships. We all know that the matches are fixed, but that doesn't make it any less entertaining. I sat down and watched Wrestlemania 29 with a friend and found it highly entertaining and at times thrilling.


One match that I thought was spectacular was a tag-team match for the WWE Tag Team Championships. Kane and Daniel Bryan are really fun to watch and made the match exciting. I was surprised with how much I enjoyed it.

The match between Mark Henry and Ryback was brilliant. I was sure they'd have Ryback win by a landslide, but it turned out to be the exact opposite. It wasn't so much the quality of the match that I enjoyed the most, it was the surprise of the outcome. I don't know why, but I like Mark Henry. 

People like me (who don't follow wrestling) know who The Undertaker is. His match with CM Punk was electrifying. Every year he puts on one of the greatest matches of all time. I knew what the outcome would be, yet I couldn't help but get up and cheer every time they executed a finishing move.

Will I start watching WWE Television shows? No. They are equally corny and boring. However, I will give credit where credit is due. I loved Wrestlemania 29. I never thought I'd say that, but I just did. If you can't take time to enjoy a mindlessly entertaining spectacle such as this, then I feel sorry for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment